Beenleigh Cubs Update

The place to get the latest on the Beenleigh Cubs endeavours.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Introduction to Pen Pals

Hi Everyone,

Tonight our cubs explored the world of writing to our pen pals in Anthem, Arizona, USA. We had a brainstorm session to seek questions and what they should put in the letter. As time ran out for us to write the letters out I decided to put this email out with the questions, and have your Cub send back a response so I can forward on to our contact in the US.

The cubs will earn a badge if we keep this communication open, this is the starting point. Also, if the Cub respond the email can help them earn credit towards their IT badge also. I have set a deadline of May 10 to complete this task.

Format for the email below:

===================

Hello, my name is _________________,
I am a Cub Scout from Beenleigh, QLD, Australia.

My Hobbies are .........

My Favourite thing to do is .........

My Pets are .........

My favourite thing of being in Cubs is .....

At Cub Scouts we do the following fun activities .......

============

The cubs then decided that they would ask the Anthem pack the following questions, which will be tagged to the end of each email/letter we send out.

1) Do you call it Cubs Scouts in the US, and if not what do you call it?
2) What do you do in Cubs?
3) What camps do you do and what types of themes have they had?

This is a base point to build on, eventually I hope to do a Internet hook up later in the year at the next sleepover to meet and greet them.

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment